Friday, July 11, 2008

7_11_08

In-Between

Okay, quandary.
I am done with school in one week. I am almost finished with producing the two films I have been working on for over a year. I essentially have nothing left to do after August.
Do I…
A- Stay around here for a while and try and find work in the local industry (which isn’t always a guarantee for work, especially during the fall)?
B- Go to LA and work as an assistant for free for a period of a couple of months before I can really land a good job?
C- Stay around here and try and establish my own company and try and make money with video production or some other business (which is extremely risky, especially with today’s economy)?
D- Get a job doing something that is not what I want and flounder in the world of unfulfilled dreams?
I’ll let you know what I chose tomorrow.
CLOSAT
C- A slow moving fast food restaurant employee donning a pair of latex gloves and an apron.
L- Front yard of a suburban home.
O- A shiny new Apple iPhone 3G (don’t have one, but a few sleepless consumers now do!)
S- Calling frantically around town to find a location for a party and getting rejected.
A- Downloading and installing Apple iPhone software 2.0, then downloading a butt-load of apps.
T- It is twice as hard to do what you should than to do what you want.
Producing Tips
Producing Tip #3: Software. It is a necessary evil in the producing world. You almost have to know software nowadays to make it in the producing world. Here is a small list of some software that I have gotten to know, if you’re serious about making it in the industry, you should probably get familiar with the following:
Adobe Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Budgeting and Scheduling Software (EP Scheduling and Budgeting, Gorilla)
Screenwriting Software (Final Draft is my favorite, but Movie Magic is also good)
Microsoft Office (Word and Excell are my best friends, you should know this stuff anyway)
Some companies down in LA are starting to groove to the tune of FileMaker, I haven’t gotten quite the hang of that one, but I’m trying to so I can kick butt.
(It wouldn’t hurt to also know how web browsers and Flash Animations work…)
Blog of the Day:
Tim's
Feeling of the Day:
Fatigue
A Movie I saw when I was Eight:
Haakon Haakonsen (Shipwrecked English Title)
I don’t remember much about this movie. I was taken to see it in the theaters by my older brother Sam when I was eight. I remember that I really enjoyed it. It was one of those films that you aren’t really sure if you actually saw it, but you wish you did.
The two things that stand out in my mind are: When the lead character Haakon leaves his Norwegian home and he is bundled up on a sled with tons of furs to keep him warm. And the poem that Haakon reads out loud a bunch of times.
Without seeing the movie again, I will have to give this four out of five gun-wielding Gabriel Byrne’s-



Cell Phone Picture of the Day!
The Snake River and the famous Perrine Bridge which is about 486 feet high in the air. Taken on a trip to Twin Falls, ID a couple of weeks ago.

2 comments:

Spenturion said...

My vote is for C. It's a far more satisfying sort of life. Also the most dangerous sort. Huge risk of failure, and not a lot of room for success. But you like danger, right?

Tiffany said...

I definitely don't want you to choose an option that will make you unhappy. I want you to work in film because you are so much happier when you do and I love that. I'm a little bit more scared of taking on more risk than necessary, but you know that. We can talk more. I love you!