Monday, July 7, 2008

7_07_08

THE FIRST!

Today marks the very special occasion of my very first blog (that I actually write on a regular basis).

We just got cable internet and television (thank zanthar). I really wouldn’t know what I would do without being able to waste time with those two things. And I didn’t do much. I sat around thinking about all the things that I should have been doing.
July the 4th was fun. And boring. We sat around most of the day tossing between the two possibilities of spending the day together alone or going out and spending it with friends. We made the compromise of doing both. We hung out together for most of the day. We then went to our old digs (Wymount - moved out at the end of May) and had a quick BBQ with our friends the Garners. After we hoofed it to the missionary field in front of the temple to watch fireworks with my brother Zach and his wife Megan and their daughter Skyli (pictured below).
It was fun, but the fireworks were less than entertaining. I don’t remember when fireworks were fun last, but it wasn’t this year. I guess I’m just too old. Oh snap! An old joke, cause I’m now 26 (birthday was on Sunday, thanks to all who wished me a very happy facebook birthday)!
Anyway, to kick off my most excellent blog post, I am going to copy the master at The Haberdasher’s Guide to Good Grooming (link) and do a CLOSAT at the bottom.
CLOSAT
C – A totally pissed off bachelor who wasn’t picked as a “soul-mate.” Haha, dis!
L – The outer lane of the McDonalds drive-thru (seriously, why two?).
O – A baggy full of bottle caps brand candies. Root beer is the best flavor.
S – Having to coordinate a ride to the dentists, then a pickup of a friend, then a pickup of my wife, then a pickup from the dentists, then a stop at home. All without a car.
A – Cooking a delicious barbecue steak dinner over rice.
T – No matter how much you accomplish in a day, you always have more to do.
Producing Tips
Producing Tip #1: There are two cardinal rules in being a good producer (in fact, it’s essential in being good at anything in film or any other business.) The first is: Communicate – learn to be a good communicator. Learn to talk with complete strangers. Learn to convince them to let you do things. Learn to keep updated or update others constantly. An email just won’t do, go to the extreme - call, text, mail, show up on their door. The more you communicate, the more gets done.
Quote of the Day: “Woah. $40,000 a year and 13 children. Wouldn’t the pill be cheaper?” –Tiffany, my wife.
Song of the Day: “I Should Have Known Better” The Beatles (A Hard Day’s Night)
Last Movie seen in the Theater: Get Smart

I didn't hate the film, but I didn't really love it. I like Carell, and Hathaway isn't atrocious. Just not my cup o' tea.
The film lacks any genuinely original comedy. Most of the really good parts are seen in the trailers. For the most part, it doesn't work cohesively. I say rent it at Redbox so you don't spend too much money.

I rate this film two and a half Steve Carell heads -




Phone Picture of the Day!
Ya! Ice cream is the shiz-nit!

5 comments:

Copper (Annalisa) said...

I don't think you can make old jokes at 26!! Talk to me when you hit 40 my friend... you will at least be edging closer at that point :)
Annalisa

Josh said...

Wow ... I'm like the second person to comment on your blog. I'll make sure to put that in my journal so that I can have my claim to fame once you're rich and famous (that sentence had two forms of the word "famous" in it ... how annoying but I don't know what to do about it) ...

Anyways, good luck with that producing stuff. I know you'll be successful. You're too amazing to be anything else! (and your wife deserves it)

Andy Bailey said...

Props to you for doing a CLOSAT! I haven't done one of those in forever. I should take up the practice again.
Andy

Spenturion said...

First off it's spelled Xanthar (an X, not a Z). Secondly out of how many Steve Carell heads is your score? Is it 2.5 out of 5? 2.5 out of 4? Thirdly, you put me to shame by actually doing your CLOSAT, while I merely intend to do my CLOSAT without any actual CLOSAT doing being done.

Unknown said...

Retraction:
It is spelled "Xanthar" and I knew that. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Also, it's 2.5 out of 5.