Thursday, May 7, 2009

Disney Fellowship and WB Writer's Workshop

This is to all my writing homies:

Disney/ABC has released the deadline for their Writing Fellowship program. For those of you who don't know what it is - It's a writing program that hires little-known to not-known-at-all writers for a year to write for them. Apparently they are only accepting writers for television, so get that primetime television spec up to speed. The entry dates are from May 1, 2009 to July 1, 2009 so get crackin' on that fabulous spec.
Here's the website: http://www.abctalentdevelopment.com/programs/programs_writings.html

Also announced is the deadline for the Warner Brothers Writers' Workshop. This works similarly to the writer's fellowship; but it is for six months, it is only for television writers and it includes several workshops and discussion panels. It is on the Warner Brothers lot and goes from October 2009 to March 2010. The entry dates are from July 1, 2009 to July 25, 2009. You still have time to put a polishing touch on that spec. They don't accept any original material, so best to find a show that you are willing to research the crap out of and write an amazing episode for it.
The website for the workshop is: http://writersworkshop.warnerbros.com/apply_now.php

I personally planned to enter the Disney Fellowship using my Script Frenzy spec I wrote last month. I still need to do some rewrites and possibly polish it up. But now I am informed that they have done away with the Feature writing fellowship and have made it strictly television. Oh well, I will just have to try and sell it myself and get going that way.

Good luck to anyone who's going for it. Drop me a line if you plan on taking the plunge, I'd like to hear about your progress.

0 comments: