Wednesday, October 13, 2010

That Movie is Terrible

Go In to the Story shares with us a few reasons why Hollywood sometimes makes bad movies.

Mr. Myers makes some great points as to why this happens, but I wanted to add my one little spin:

People watch bad movies and like them.  This is why they are made.

How many times have I heard someone say to me "Why can't the studios make any good movies?" followed by something to the effect of "Did you see Vampires Suck? It was sooo good."

So you've done it to yourself America.  If no one went to see Twilight or Step Up, they wouldn't make any more Twilight or Step Up.

All this aside, even though they may not be very good movies, I respect that people care for and desire the bad ones (when I was 12 I loved Surf Ninjas with all my heart.)

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good point! I should have known it was all my fault anyway. :-) I will only watch young rom-coms from now on because that's all I want them to make. That's my plan!

Spenturion said...

I just want it to be known that Step Up 2 The Streets is way better than the first, if not simply for the fact that the dances are taken to the streets.

Although I cannot personally vouch for Step Up 3D, I've been assured it maintains the integrity the first two were recognized for.