Monday, November 22, 2010

Netflix vs. Hulu

Book review of BONE will be postponed until tomorrow for reasons of moving our entire existence of stuff into a new apartment.  So for today:

FIGHT!

Netflix unveiled today that they will be offering a lower streaming-only price of $7.99.  They also announced that they will be increasing the price of their DVD customers.  This is great news for people who have this problem:

Happens Every Time (via Shoebox)

This comes just days after Hulu's announcement of their price drop to - you guessed it: $7.99.

Frankly, I am tempted to drop my cable and do both - that's a slick deal!  I can have Netflix for all my movies and some already released seasons of TV shows, and I can have Hulu for some movies and a bunch of current TV shows.  One problem - they don't have all my current shows.

How in the H-E-double hockey sticks am I supposed to watch my stories which is not on there?!



(Yes I know that is not proper grammar, but it was in the voice of the characters.)

2 comments:

Spenturion said...

Here are shows that I don't get to watch as a result of only using Netflix and Hulu:

The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Big Bang Theory
How I Met Your Mother

And I'm sure there's lots more. That being said, I'm happy without cable.

Unknown said...

BBT and HIMYM are on CBS.com now!

So that's 2 of 5.

I need to start from the beginning of Breaking Bad so that doesn't really matter (I need to get it on DVD anyway).

Truly sad about Walking Dead and Mad Men, but they may come around soon. I believe they will.