Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tales From the Crypt

Hi.


It's me.

I'm not dead.

Here's a few things I've been up to:
  • Employment: I have now become one of the many who can claim "full-time" status on their W2's. I started Monday the 9th as the assistant to two amazing agents at a top literary agency in Beverly Hills. Literary? I didn't know you've gone all novel books on us! No, that's not what literary agency means in Hollywood. Sorry to disappoint all you bookworms hoping for secrets on the next Dan Brown mystery. What a literary agency means in film business terms is an agency that specializes in Directors, Writers and Producers. It is the perfect job for a wannabe producer like me and I am learning tons.
  • Reading: With my job comes new responsibilities. One of these responsibilities is to read new and upcoming scripts that are in the market. As many of you already know, the 2009 Black List has come out. The Black List is a collection of the greatest scripts (according to a group of Hollywood executives) that have not been made this year. I haven't been asked directly to read these scripts yet, but I wanted to get a jump ahead and get reading them for my own edification and for my personal knowledge. So far I have read one of them, and will be posting a quick review of it on my Script Review Friday feature today.
  • Relaxation: With so much work, comes so much play. Tiffany and I have made the plunge - we bought season passes to Disneyland. This was brought to us, in part, by the generous donation from the people that lost their $200 at Disneyland last time we were there. We found the money, turned it in to lost and found. Then a month later we checked in to see if it was claimed and it wasn't! So Tiffany was able to claim it and we were able to buy ourselves some passes. We can go to Disneyland anytime we want to now. How about that?!? It's crazy right?
  • Writing: One of the toughest things I have attempted to do the last few weeks is keep up my writing. I had planned to keep the blog going strong, even with a heavy new workload, but that seemed to prove difficult during the acclimation into the new position. What I have been able to accomplish is working on a feature script with my friend and hetero life-partner Spencer. We can't divulge too many details, but know that it explores one of the most ripe fields of genre and incorporates the vast knowledge of horror, sci-fi and fantasy that my cohort and I have attained over our many years of movie-watching. Hopefully I will be able to keep up the blog as well. I have a lot of great things to share with you all!

2 comments:

debbie said...

I'm so excited about your job!! It sounds great.

Lauren (Kip Mylo) said...

Having a full-time job is da-bomb.