Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hearing is Better than Seeing

After being indirectly reprimanded by Bitter Script Reader, I will now proceed to write my post for today.  And hopefully the trend will continue throughout the rest of the week.

I have a good excuse though (writing a pilot, cleaning my apartment, reading everyone's scripts), but I won't bore you with my whining.

Instead I will just complain.

I would like to file a complaint.  My current work computer has some issues.  Most of which I'm totally okay with:  It runs super slow, the email program quits unexpectedly when I try and write an email, and there are nine (count them - 9) color lines running down my monitor - probably from dead pixels.

I'm totally alright with all of this.  But I have one very large complaint right now:

My freakin' audio won't work.

I started it up the other day and it is now broken.  Of course, I know if I restart my computer it will probably be fixed, but I don't have that kind of time.  It takes FOREVER to start up all my programs and especially the phone book - which is absolutely essential to my work.  I'll probably do it Friday night before I leave, but until then I'm audio-less.

Which means, I can't watch any cool and fun videos.  Yay for the spike in productivity!

Boo for not being able to watch this:



It also means that when my favorite website: Dump.com, who has just started sharing videos, is unplayable on my computer right now.

I watched the first minute of a video without audio and it totally sucked. Woah, is me.  I DEMAND YOUR PITY!!

Anyway, I've been working on my calendar for the Book Thing.  I'm getting really jazzed!
Also planning on a post a day during the week like Bitter.  I can only hope to entertain and educate.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I don't want to hear about your whining! I haven't had audio on my computer for most of the year. My speakers are broke. You'll manage and I've watched plenty of videos sans audio, and it went just fine. Just talk to me more instead.

Unknown said...

Correction: I have 12 lines going through my computer. I haven't looked at it in a while.

Also, I haven't been able to see the new trailer for Skyline and I Am Number Four.

Spenturion said...

I too waited till after work to watch those three trailers.

True Grit - Looks amazing.

Skyline - Pretty, but probably not a good movie.

I am Number Four - Hey... that girl from Glee.