Friday, August 27, 2010

What Should I Read?

First off, let me start out by playing a little Ray LaMontagne:




Now, where were we?

Oh yes - schemes.  I'm fairly prolific in schemes.  Some of you may remember my sugar fast last year, and more recently my desire to run a marathon (if I can ever get my fat butt out of bed in the mornings.)

My latest desire/scheme is to read a book a week for a year.  That's right folks.

One book, every week, for an entire year.

Now I need your help.  I'm trying to compile a most amazingly amazing book list. I need 52 books. Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Any genre, any type, any era.

After getting the list together I will proceed to read.  My goal is to also blog about my thoughts on the book and any other general inspirations that come from the literary work.

My hope is that I will become well versed in my knowledge and understanding of the printed page, more prolific in current and past literary trends, but most of all I hope to rediscover my passion and kindle a desire to continue the habit of reading throughout my life.

Also, I hope that it gives me some really sweet ideas for my own writing.  Imitate the best I always say.


So what do you have for me?  What's your favorite book?  What have you been dying to read?

Please share in the comments section or email me personally.

I thank you in advance.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Uglies: It's a fun non-fiction social commentary. Totally sci-fi for girls. But a dude might like it too.

jess said...

Eric, have you joined Goodreads? Its a social network geared around reading. It might give you a good idea of what other people are reading as well as an excellent list. I'll send you over an invite.

Shana said...

Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. It's more interesting than it sounds.

Tiffany said...

Isn't Foer the one the movie "Everything is Illuminated" is about? I liked the movie, so maybe Eric and I should read the book together.