Thursday, December 9, 2010

TANGLED


TANGLED 
Written by Dan Fogelman 
Directed by Nathan Greno & Byron Howard 

Plot: 
The story of Rapunzel with the long-flowing hair. When just a baby, Princess Rapunzel is kidnapped by an evil witch who has evil designs for the use of her magical hair.

Thoughts: 
This film was amazingly good. Amazing because I was expecting a near straight-to-dvd quality after watching the trailers and previews, but couldn’t have been more wrong. Amazing because it was shockingly well written and directed. Amazing because it was hilarious. Amazingly good.  As my buddy Scott said - if Toy Story 3 hadn't come out this year, this one would have won best animated film of the year.

Also, why change the name?  I know they said they wanted to try and appeal to younger males, but "Tangled" is much lamer than "Rapunzel."  Oh well, they're making money, so kudos.

Learned: 
Comedy and character. These are the two things that can make or break your animated feature. It is important to have a good story and good animation, etc. But if you don’t have strong characters like Rapunzel, Flynn, Pascal, or Maximus the horse, you have nothing.

Also, someone please learn how to cut a trailer properly. It’s not that hard to make something that is amazing look amazing in the previews. Why did they have so much trouble doing that with this movie? I say a public tossing is in order.

See, Rent, Own, Die: 
See in Theaters, Own on Blu-ray

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I stayed awake even. However, this isn't my favorite Disney movie. I think I liked the Princess and the Frog better.