Monday, April 6, 2009

Script Frenzy


Working up some rambunctious script-writing with this online contest Script Frenzy.

The idea is to write a full-length screenplay/play/teleplay of any genre in a matter of a month. The month of April. There is no prize, just a completed screenplay and a lot of feel-goodness.

I'm really excited to be doing this for several reasons:
- I love writing and I especially love writing under a deadline because it helps me crank it out.
- You can never have too many spec scripts under your belt, even if they aren't award winningly written.
- I have wanted to start writing a feature and write some of it each day (without stopping until it's finished) for some time now. This just seemed like an appropriate time to do it.
- I love the community aspect of it. I am a "writing buddy" with some of my screenwriting friends that are participating and others can be my buddies too. That way we can see how each other are progressing and help each other out.

My script is called The Eternal Hero (it's a working title because I hate it and I know I can come up with something better, I just didn't want to waste time on that). The synopsis is:

In a desolate future, a young American boy travels to Japan after his mother dies so he can meet his grandparents, he discovers that the small town that they live in has been taken over by a tyrannical king and he must do everything he can to save them from a lifetime of bondage.

If you are also so lucky to be frenzy-ing it up, buddy me and we will express our love for such things as writing and fun: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/user/470525

0 comments: