Monday, September 28, 2009

Sweetums

Going without sugar is not hard per say. The trouble comes in the little things that you enjoy each day.

This weekend I had opportunity to eat the following items that I enjoy very, very much:

Waffles - (the syrup on the waffles, I don't eat waffles without maple syrup)
Cheesecake
- (this was the worst because everyone kept eating it in front of me)
Honey
- (for some reason, I only enjoy chicken nuggets dipped in honey)
Wedding Cake
- (who doesn't eat wedding cake at a wedding?)
So despite my temptations, I have been pretty solid on this "no sugar" thing. Hooray me! I am only going to continue for one more week. I plan to quit on Sunday. Not really any particular reason for quitting on that day, it's just a date I picked.

Finally, I want to leave you all with a little visual representation of the amount of sugar that we eat in a regular day. Some of these are surprising (the Orange Juice), some of them are not (the Cinnabon).

Click to Enlarge

4 comments:

Shana said...

I'm very impressed that you've done so well! Try not to binge TOO much on Sunday :)

jess said...

Actually the singles ward I was attending when I got married was on a month long sugar fast. Which meant a good twenty or so people didn't eat cake at my wedding!

Unknown said...

Jessica, that is one of the saddest things ever. I would break it and pig out on cake if everyone else was doing it.
Why would they do a sugar fast? That's a weird choice for a ward to do collectively.

Tiffany said...

Eric, no one ate cake at the wedding when we got there. Just the cheesecake, which is gross anyway. I hate cheesecake. If you saw wedding cake you were lucky. I couldn't find any. The meatballs were too exciting for me to look for cake. I'm very proud of you though.