Friday, November 14, 2008

I want to donate your blood!

We all went to donate blood in Burbank the other day. I'm usually not one to donate blood. Not because I am ineligible or anything, and not because I am cold-hearted, but because it really makes me sick.
It totally rocks me. I get really hot and start to shake. I feel like I'm going to throw up and my head spins. It's one of the worst feelings, I feel like I have the flu.

When we went this time, I started to feel very flush so I asked the nurse for some water. She immediately jumped into action and dropped my head and raised my feet. She then got me some apple juice. I was like "woah, I just wanted some water!" but they know what they're doing and they are good at it.

I feel like a bad person if I don't donate, but I'm type O-negative (the "universal donor") and it would be very selfish if I didn't at least try and donate.

All in all it wasn't a horrible experience, just not a favorable one.
Heck! At least I got free ice cream and snacks!

Drew and Sarah donating their precious blood.

I had an idea for a movie while I was there, it is similar to this idea:
which I found here. My idea consisted of a large and industrious vampire organization that would pay people money for donating "plasma" to help save people's lives, but it is a cover-up for their food supply. The drama would come when a donor lies to the organization about having a rare disease and it starts to wipe out the vampire nation. It would be like Blade meets Outbreak.

3 comments:

breckster said...

I am always grateful that I am AB+ because really they don't need my blood bad enough for me to pass out and feel sick for a few days.

Tiffany said...

You were very brave to donate blood! I was so proud of you. I was sad though when I saw how much you were shaking. You are a saint and I love you so very much!

Andy Bailey said...

I had the same reaction when I donated blood, the one time I did it. You walk in thinking you're all manly and then pass out. I ought to give it another go.