Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Michael Crichton

Today I found out on the way to my internship with Village Roadshow that my grandmother has been diagnosed with Leukemia.

The disease has degenerated a lot to in such a short amount of time and she is too weak to receive Chemotherapy. They have given her enough drugs to make her comfortable, but she is slowly on a downward spiral.

This was pretty intense and shocking news because it was completely unexpected. I regret not being able to say goodbye to her. I have been a bit estranged from her. I have never really had a great relationship with her (which is my fault), but it has never been a bad relationship.

She will be missed.

Grandma with my Nephew Seth

(I titled this post "Michael Crichton" because I found out today that he also has lost the battle with cancer. He was 66 years old and an incredible talent.)

1 comments:

Jenni Anderson said...

I love those pictures of Seth with Grandma. That was so funny b/c Seth used to always stick his tongue out and spit and he drenched both Aunt Karen and Grandma...but they both loved it and couldn't get enough of him. Grandma (& Karen) have always been like that with our kids, and us for that matter...tons of love.