Sunday, January 18, 2009

Progress

There has been much excitement lately over writing feature scripts. I have been fully endorsing such activity. I am currently working on five projects in various levels of development.

The first script is one that I am writing completely by myself (with feedback from family and friends). I have already written some things about it, so you can scroll down and read what I wrote earlier, but to refresh you - it is called Pieces of Time and it is a sci-fi/thriller. It is basically The Ninth Gate meets Click.

The second is a script that I have been working on for a while with my friend Jacob. It takes place in the 1930's and it involves family, revenge, mobsters, murder, and forgiveness. That's all I will say about it for now, but it will hopefully be moving along soon.

The third is an adaptation of a short script my friend Spencer wrote for a class. BYU didn't pick it up, so we are going to expand it and add more to the story. You can read about it on his blog.

The fourth one is a revamping of a feature script written by my friend Josh. He wrote it for a senior project class. After reading it I had an overwhelming sense that I should do whatever I could to be a part of the film, whether it be producing or otherwise. He and I have been talking about it for a few weeks now and we are trying to get together soon to talk more about the rewrite.

The final script is an adaptation of The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain and I am working on this with my friend David. It is in the first stages of a treatment right now and hopefully soon we can start an outline.

Hope all of you have begun working on your own writing projects whether they be feature/short scripts, plays, novels, short stories, blogs, or news articles. I fully encourage everyone to start writing and keep at it.

Realize that no one ever sits down and writes a great masterpiece, they usually write trash that they can rewrite into great stories of drama and comedy.

Good luck!!

0 comments: