Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Part One, The Lightning Thief (or, how I learned to stop worrying and love my dad the god of the sea)




This film suffers from too many flaws. Most of the problems probably lie within the original material which was a young adult fiction novel. It doesn't really matter to the intended audience in the end.

I liked the world and what could have been done, but inevitably I thought it was trying too hard to be Harry Potter.

Verdict: Rent It

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It was fun, but it's not amazing. I do love the title of this post though. You're amazing!

Spenturion said...

I'm a bit sad at how short this review is. You don't really discuss what makes the film bad, but just say that it is.

You should describe why and cite examples.

Also Harry Potter is young adult fiction, and it still rocks. Young adult fiction doesn't have to suck.