Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Science!

Synopsis
Two nerdy physicists have their lives turned upside down when an attractive woman moves in next door. This makes life complicated for the scientists since they don't really know much about women, but adversely, she doesn't know too much about science or anything nerdy. They form a relationship, with the nerds learning more about becoming more socially acceptable, while she learns more about geek culture and far more than she ever wanted to know about physics.

This brilliant show was created by Bill Prady and Chuck Lorre. They collaborated on the show Dharma and Greg. Chuck Lorre also created Two and a Half Men.
Something about this show connects in a way that I find mystical, but still amazing. It has a way of not poking too much fun, but connecting with the outstanding nerd culture that prevails within the pop culture of today.

It's a simple Odd Couple type premise, one nerdy and smart, one popular and less smart. This type of show has been seen many times before. But for some reason this show is completely inventive and new with the premise. It is able to take a seemingly easy setup and create a complex world of emotions and characters that we care about.

I mostly enjoy it because of the uncanny acting. I was thinking about reviewing a few of the actors that I thought were exceptional but then realized that I enjoy the entire ensemble. They are all really good.

I admit that I wasn't really interested in this show to begin with. I didn't start watching it until the end of the first season or the beginning of the second (I'm not particularly sure how I got involved in it). Now that I am officially addicted to it, I can assure you that it is a very wonderful show that is worth your attention. No real need to watch the entire thing from the beginning (although you should because it's fantastic), just start watching it now. You will not regret it.

Summary
Current Season: Third Season
Network: CBS
Airs: Monday night at 9:30 PM PST
Verdict: Hilarious and Endearing

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I know how you started watching it. I started watching it during commercials of "Dancing with the Stars" and I couldn't stop watching. The dancing was a complete bore compared to the hilarity of this show. It's so funny and it works because the humor is smart and witty (like me). Everyone really should watch it.