Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Loud Crowd

While listening to an Indy Rock station here in LA, I discovered a new social gaming site online that plays wicked tunes and is fun to play. I'm pretty obsessed with it right now. It's called Loud Crowd and it is in it's beta testing phase.

It was created by a new company called Conduit Labs: "Conduit was founded by a combination of web entrepreneurs and social gaming pioneers; leaders in the development of Rock Band, Lord of the Rings Online, Guitar Hero, Asheron’s Call and Ambient Devices."

Basically, you create an avatar and a profile, then go into a chat-room style place and pick someone to dance with (you can dance with yourself, but that's pretty lame).

You start dancing in a DDR for your fingers - style format. The more you get asked to dance, the more points you get. You also get points for dancing. If you get enough points you get cool stuff like a new wardrobe, music requests and other things.Anyway - I can invite people to play, but only every now and then. Let me know if you want an invite and I'll see what I can do.

0 comments: