Thursday, February 12, 2009

Breaking Down of Austere Presence

I'm interning at Village Roadshow Pictures on the Warner Brother's lot today. I feel like I have a fairly good presence there. I do my job and I work as hard as I can. Sometimes I mess up, but I try to do better the next time.

Today I have a job interview at another production company downtown and so in fashion I am wearing my good clothes today. (i.e.) I am wearing a new shirt, a new suit, new socks, new belt, and I am also wearing my new $130 Rockport shoes. I love these shoes (although they aren't fully broken in yet and are starting to give me a blister).

Here's the problem though - I'm trying to look and act cool while I go about performing my duties around the office, but whenever I happen to walk over the nice wood-paneled floor, my shoes do a comical and cartoon-y squeak.

I know it annoys others because it annoys the crap out of me. The issue - rubber on the heel.

Oh well, I guess I will just have to squeak.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

That was hilarious about your shoes. You never actually mentioned this to me. I doubt you were that annoying. It's one of those things that we all have to suffer through at some point or another. I hope it wasn't a "farting" squeak or anything. That would be embarrassing.

I love you!