Monday, February 2, 2009

Wipeout

As many of you may know, I tried out for being on the show Wipeout. If you don't know what that is, click here:
I got to the place where they were doing the casting at around 10:45am. They were running it from 11-2pm. There was already a line when I got there, but it wasn't that bad. After a while there was a huge line running down the street.

They had us all fill out a quick sheet with info about ourselves, including some wacky stuff about us and what our friends would say about us.
Once we were done with that they put us in groups of five and a guy asked us why we wanted to be on Wipeout. I figured they wanted an energetic response so I answered, "Cause I wanna win some MONEY!!!" Apparently that's what they wanted to hear so they let me through!
They took me and one other guy up to a small room with a bunch of people in it. They had us sign a list and then fill out another form. This form was pretty big, it was about six pages and it asked all sorts of details about my life. They wanted to know anything quirky or weird about me. I put a few things: that I was Mormon, that I'm interning for free right now, that I hate pineapple.

By now my nerves were shot and the adrenaline was pumping. It slowly died down as I waited for about an hour for my interview. There was only one person conducting the interviews and she was going as fast as she could, but there was just so many people. I made up a plan in my mind that once my name was called I would holler and scream to get attention.

The time came and she called my name. The few guys in front of me were really somber when she called their names so I got up and yelled, "YaHAHA!" and ran up to the door. She had a dazed look on her face so I handed her my questionairre. She told me to stand on an X and then the interview took place. She had me slate the camera with my name, age, hometown, and job. She asked me a few questions about what I had written, she kept laughing at my responses and I was way uber excited, so maybe that charmed her.

At the end of the interview she pulled me in and started whispering. She said she liked me and would like to advance me to the next phase. She handed me a large packet in a manilla envelope (there were only a few of them in a box) and had me hide it from everyone else. She told me to fill it out quickly and leave it at the front desk. I went into an office and started filling it out. A few guys showed up and started filling out packets too. We were all way excited because we had advanced.

Now I am waiting for a phone call to find out if I made it onto the show or not. A bunch of producers are going to watch the videos of our auditions and decide. There is another casting call on the 7th in Anaheim (for anyone that wants to go and tryout).
They are casting for 5 shows and there are 24 contestants for each show. That means that they are going to be calling 120 people.

I think I have a good chance and I'm excited because I love this show. It's so freakin' hilarious. If you haven't seen it, check it out HERE.

I'll let everyone know if I made it on!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope you do make it. You'll be great. Although, I worry about you getting hurt. I hope you'll be fine and win it all. I love you and I'm so proud of you for doing this!

Shana said...

Curt and I love to watch this show! Of course you have to let us know if you make it.