Thursday, January 28, 2010

Memory Lane

STORYTIME

I asked my friend Spencer to share a story from his childhood on his blog (since he didn't have anything to write about). I promised to do the same. So here goes...

Once upon a summer...when I was a young buck. We're talking pre-teen age. I was spending the summer at my cousins Justin and James' house with my younger brother Zach.

While on this fantastical journey into imagination (stories will have to be shared at a later time), my brother and I slept on a futon mattress on the floor. Which so happened to be placed right next to my two cousins' bunk bed.

One night, in the middle of our slumber, my cousin Justin, who was sleeping on the top bunk, fell off and dropped down - his knee plummeting straight into the nads of my poor brother Zach. We're talking full on WWE knee thrust - right in the groin.

Without knowing what transpired, Justin woke up and climbed back into bed.

My brother - reeling from the pain - turned over to me (who was sound asleep) and told me that he was in severe pain. "My balls hurt!" He exclaimed, imploring me to make it better.

"Shut up, go to bed!" I grumbled back to him in my sleepy stupor.

Again he implored me - "Eric, it hurts real bad!"

"Go back to sleep!" I told him, not so kindly.

So he did just that. He went back to sleep. For the life of me I don't know how. He must have been in some terrible pain.

The next morning, when we knew better, we figured out what had happened. I tried to console my poor brother and apologize to him for treating him so negatively (I'm not that nice when I'm asleep, ask my wife).

Turns out, Justin got him good because he had a bruise on his groin and testies (his words, I didn't see 'em - cause that's gross).

Wherever you are right now Zach -- I'm sorry! I should have believed you and done something about it (an icepack?).

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hilarious! And that's not how you spell testes. There's no "i" in testes! You aren't nice when you're sleeping. At least we know there was no permanent damage since he has a beautiful daughter to prove it. Thanks for sharing!