Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Go See

MOON
I was really excited to go see this movie. I wasn't disappointed.
Sam Rockwell is my new favorite actor. His depth in this film is astounding. I found it very interesting that he could play the same character with the same exact genes in two completely profound ways. There was subtlety and variances that make the characters seem completely different people.
The director Duncan Jones did a great job. His ability to use a low budget to make a very convincing world makes me envious. He creates a mood and an atmosphere for the character that is completely real and believable. Also, Kevin Spacey is always awesome.


THE HURT LOCKER
This film was so intensely suspenseful at times that I was uncomfortable in my seat. But it was an unconventional suspense. By that I mean that there were many times when you would expect an explosion or something else terrible to happen and it would just pitter out. Nothing would happen. That guy with the camera and those guys on the ridge didn't do anything when you fully expected them to. And then there were times when you would expect things to be quiet and satisfying, and something truly shocking would happen. I was shocked out of my seat four individual times.
Although I was amazed by this film, it did have some issues, specifically with the personal relationships. But overall I thought the film was quite accurate and poignant. Jeremy Renner is brilliant, as well as the two supporting characters played by Anthony Mackie and Brian Geraghty. Also, pay attention to the cameos, I was pleasantly surprised!
A very well job done for director Kathryn Bigelow.

3 comments:

Spenturion said...

I am desperate to see both... but I live in Utah.

Tiffany said...

I really enjoyed Moon too. It was different, but I think that's why I liked it.

Tiffany said...

Oh yeah, and Spencer if you want to see these movies just move down here. Seriously, we see so much stuff here. It's pretty cool too.