Monday, July 27, 2009

Logline #2: The Book of Eli

So I found my first logline post. Ya, I haven't really kept up with that. But maybe I can change!

The Book of Eli

by Gary Whitta
A lone traveler in the distant future takes a fateful detour and must fight to defend a book that he has sworn to protect at any cost.

This is honestly one of the greatest scripts I have read in a while. I am in awe at how pulled into the story I became. It was like being caught in a really great book and not being able to put it down even though it's 3am and you have a 7am meeting the next morning. That good.

Of course there are a few holes in the story, a few things that with a bit of tweaking would make this script all around perfect. But that did not seem to deter me from enjoying the script completely. I still refer to it when doing my own writing to see how he was able to construct action and uniformly present an interesting story.

Worth a read or check it out when it comes to theaters January 15th.

1 comments:

Parker said...

I managed to find this script, so I'm gonna read it ASAP. Excited.