Monday, October 20, 2008

McDonalds + Monopoly Game = Rigged

Went to the McD's the other day because we are enduringly poor.
Happened to get a bunch of Monopoly pieces, so I peeled each one with care (as to make it more lucky).

I won a free breakfast sandwich and a free medium fry. This is pretty ingenious because you can't get any game pieces on either of those menu items.
They also have these fake pictures of people who are enjoying their success when playing the game. These are obviously actors. Plus they only have the same three people plastered all over their food packaging.

Also, when they say that they've doled out 2,457,183 prizes...they mean they've parted with about 2 million measly prizes like 25 Coke Rewards points (which cost them nothing and are also worth nothing...no, seriously, they are worth nothing. You need about 300 for a mug - hooray!)

On a seperate food note: We went to Ralphs for some food shopping and I found this in the Latin spices section. Can someone please tell me what this is used for?!?

2 comments:

Jenni Anderson said...

It's just dried shrimp for snacking with the salsa. Or you can also use it in cooking...omelets, rice dishes, etc. Just peel and eat. You can eat the little head but that doesn't interest me too much.

Steve said...

I had to comment on this post, because I love Ralphs! I served my mission in Long Beach so I shopped at Ralph's every Monday. Oh, the nostalgia.