Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Spencer

Today is my best friends birthday. Since he insists on not living closer than 697 miles away from me, this is his birthday present!


In the winter of 2005, during the first semester at Brigham Young University for a young budding film student, it was important to find people to connect to and combine interests with.



It was in this vulnerable state that I met a certain young man from Murray, Utah who had signed up for not one, not two, but three of the same classes that I had signed up for.



For the next three and a half years Spencer and I were near inseparable. We took a lot of the same classes, made a lot of movies together, decided on a plan of action to take over the world and came up with a flawless buntcake recipe.


We wrote and directed and acted. We even animated together. Things couldn't have been more wonderful (or homo-erotic)...until senior year.

During senior year we were busy working on our final projects. I was grateful for Spencer's input and help and I did my best to be Spencer's 1st AD on his film Box of Rain. We also came up with the website Adventure Time Theatre where we post (and try to continue to post) our wacky videos and hilarious sketches.

He continues to be a great friend and confidant throughout the many years that I've known him.

Happy Birthday Spencer, I hope it has been a great and wonderful day for you.

...and he also starred in my Sophmore directing project The Fridge:

2 comments:

Spenturion said...

oh my god, best birthday present ever. love how incredibly embarressing all of those photos are. thank you! I was just thinking today about how we've been working together since before we were in the film program.

we went through it all together.

Tiffany said...

Well, if you ever decided to be gay I know who it would be with. Happy Birthday Spencer even though it's late now.