Monday, August 3, 2009

Most Memorable Moments

[scrippet]
INT. ANDERSON APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MORNING
ERIC sits alone in the apartment pondering life's ultimate questions and infinite realities.

ERIC
I have nothing to do today, therefore I will work on everything that I have imagined to work on for many a fortnight.

THE DEVIL
Sounds good to me...but before you do, could you flip on the TV while I adjust to the morning (I've never been a morning person).

ERIC
I don't see any harm in this. I will turn it on while I complete my calorically proportioned Apple Jacks and then be off to work at the computer to the many whiles of fancy that have been swimming in my brain.

INT. ANDERSON APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MUCH LATER
Eric sits at the computer. He has checked Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader and all Emails. He sits and wonders what to do next.

ERIC
Hmmm...I'm having trouble getting started. Maybe I can get inspired by perusing the internets.

THE DEVIL
That sounds like an amazing idea. In fact, here's a list of websites that are good at wasting time...I mean they are very important.

INT. ANDERSON APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - EVENING
Eric has successfully NOT done the dishes NOR made dinner. In fact, he's done nothing.

ERIC
If I didn't know any better, I would say that something fishy is going on.

THE DEVIL
Hurry and get your work done in a quick and sloppy manner. Maybe by the time your wife gets home you can get everything done that you need to.

ERIC
Okay, that's it. Enough's enough. I haven't been able to get anything accomplished and now I feel even worse than I did last night. Is there any possible way that I can redeem myself?

INT. ANDERSON APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - TWO MOVIES AND DINNER LATER
Eric sits at his desk in his underwear.

ERIC
Crap.

THE DEVIL
You know you could write something on your blog...

Eric thinks about this.

ERIC
Why not?

FADE TO BLACK:
[/scrippet]

1 comments:

Spenturion said...

This is my day off in screenplay format. Except I don't communicate with demons. You should see a priest about an exorcism... your place is probably haunted.