Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vacation All I Ever Wanted, Part 2

Part two of the vacation travelogue series. This time in an even more charmy town than Sonora.

Jamestown, California is home to fewer than 500 people, an old-towne rustic look, and "Railtown" which is a state historic park/museum showcasing a wide variety of older trains and train related memorabilia.

We had a fun time riding in the traincars and watching the scenery go by. My father-in-law is a total train nerd and he goes nuts over everything that has to do with the rails. He was the most enthused one of the trip, which made it fun for us all.

I walked the trainyard and took some pictures. (they had a fully functioning roundhouse, I used to watch Shining Time Station and that roundhouse was my favorite part). Some of the pictures turned out really well, they look so artistic and cool.

My favorites are: Coil, Hook, Glass Bulb, and Rusted Metal 001.


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

0 comments: