Thursday, October 9, 2008

10.9.2008

SAN DIEGO ZOO

Went to the zoo last weekend. Just barely got time to upload some fun pics of the trip!

Toitle

Oh snap! Meerkat Manor!

This peacock was just sitting on the sidewalk.
No fence, no nothin'. Wierd!

This is the weirdest crocodile I've ever seen.

If I was able to do this, I would never get out of the water.

Monkey!

I am fascinated by Giraffes. They are just very odd.

You can't see them, but this is the pen where some very tiny antelopes were. We were gawking at how tiny they were (like the size of a cat) and this bird flew down right next to my camera and got in the way.

Koalas are cool.

The camera doesn't do this justice, because he was seriously like three feet away from me.

No comment. None.

This dog is all but extinct. The zookeeper was taking her for a morning walk. I don't remember what it is called, but it had Australian in the name.

This male warthog was chasing down this female for forever. About three tour buses passed by us while we were watching them and each one of the guides said "Oh look! There's Poombah!" You think they got licensing for that?
So anyway, one of the guides was talking about how the male will follow the female until she takes a whiz, and he will stick his upper lip in it and smell it. That way he can tell if the female is...um...you know. Anyway, we didn't get to see these warthogs do that, but one of the giraffes did - except he didn't just stick his upper lip under the stream, he licked it! Then wiped it on his lip!

I was challenged to send Drew a picture of the ugliest animal in the park. What'd you think I was going to do?!?

This baby panda bear is asleep in the tree. Cute!

I wish I could do that.

So, there was a bit of a dispute about where the flamingos get their pink color. I am not sure myself, and I'm too tired to Wiki it. So whatevs. If you reply and explain it the prize is everyone will think you are smart.

Another couple of birds on the trail. No fence. Just hangin' out. Free.

This so looks like the Koi Pond app on the iPhone. You iPhoners know what I'm talkin' bout.

We walked up a friggin huge hill just to see these polar bears sitting around eating carrots. One of them got up to get a drink and everyone in the viewing area was getting all excited. Then it just sat back down and started eating another carrot.
Not
exciting. I wasted walking for that!

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a fun day at the zoo we had. For the record it was two weeks ago that we went. Can you believe it's been that long already? California must have some deal with Father Time that just makes it go by so fast around here. No wonder everyone is stressed out so much! There is never any time!