Wednesday, October 15, 2008

RocknRolla

I also work as an intern at Village Roadshow Pictures which is super fun.

Here is a picture of the building I work in:


Here is the view from the office that I work in (yes, that is the Warner Brothers Lot):
That's the WB lot yo!

The perks: I get to read scripts and the trades all day. Sometimes I get to see dailies of upcoming movies.

Movie perks: I get to walk around the WB lot a lot and I see them filming awesome stuff. Every now and then I get to meet people that work on the shows and films. Today I walked by some stars of the CBS hit BIG BANG THEORY. I walked by them and was going to talk to them, but unfortunately they were getting in their cars and I didn't want to bug them. These are the guys I saw:

Simon Helberg

Jim Parsons

So now the other awesome/sweet part...

I get to go to screeners of new films coming out. Tonight's showing:

I whole-heartedly endorse this film. I was wary after Guy Ritchies last two attempts which were, in my opinion, sub-par. But this...this film...was amazing!
It took me right back to high school. Sneaking a DVD of Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels into my room and then subsequently going to see Snatch in the theaters with my friends. The scene were Gerard Butler and his cronies are being chased by two very large Russians was genious. I was so freakin' happy to be seeing this film, I hope you all are too.

Here's a picture of the theater that we saw it in, I took the pic from my iPhone. It's pretty dark, but you can tell it's swanky just by what you can see (notice the posh WB symbol above).

Here is a little map of how awesome my day was...

2 comments:

Parker said...

No fair, no fair, no fair, no fair, no fair, no fair, no fair, no fair....

RocknRolla.... It feels like Guy Ritchie day today! First the divorce, then your blog entry featuring plentiful references to past and future Ritchie projects. I think Derek Pueblo would have a panic attack, there's so much Ritchie love goin' on... Or maybe he already has... He's been awfully silent...

Oh, and while you're interning at all of these places, be sure to make awesome connections, so as to be able to insert your friends into the biz along with you when the time comes. It's all about how you ride your coattails, and I'd be proud to call yours my home...

Spenturion said...

I am in a state of jealous shock and awe. All I can say is, you live in a wonderland. A filmmaking wonderland.