Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A Bit of News

Been away from my usual blogging habits for a while now. My intent is to remedy the situation by sending you bits of news that you probably already know. Later I will add smarmy articles of general apathy towards bits of pop culture entertainment and anecdotes with lackluster attempts of getting my career underway.

- I've been temping at the Rothman Brecher Agency for the last few weeks. My time here will end early next week. I have really enjoyed the experience and wish that I could stay on longer. I feel very comfortable with the assistants and agents, and it has been an overall pleasant experience. I have made some friends along the way and I feel that this has been a very important jumping off point for getting future jobs. If anyone is interested - I am available to be an assistant at either a talent agency, studio or production company starting next week. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have a position available.

- We went out to buy THE BIG BANG THEORY season two as well as FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS season two. The hilarity has not ceased to ensue at our place, as we spend a few hours each night trying to regain our sanity by escaping into our television. Both of these shows will be required viewing and there will be a test that is worth 65% of your grade...so pay attention!

- Day #17 of no sugar and I am sooo craving something sweet. I have been abating my desires with fruit and the occasional cracker/nut of choice, but every time I see something of sugary goodness I instantly fall prey to the oogily eyes of temptation and wonder what it would be like to take a quick nibble. I have stared at a large jar of candy for the last week and a half and it has not been easy to stay my hand from reaching inside and pulling out a most delicious Kit-Kat.
Seriously! I have wanted to eat one so bad that I have stared and salivated while someone else ate one in front of me (they didn't do it to be a jerk, they didn't know I was off sugar.) Hopefully I can make it through the pains of eagerness and successfully abide the temptation for a while longer. I really think it has made a difference. I am weighing myself every day and have found a considerable drop. Now if I could just get my workout routine and writing habit to catch up with my non-sugar eating abilities.

0 comments: