Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Updates

- My friend did some updates on his blog and they were sufficiently great to read (not terribly exciting since I knew most of it from his Twitter updates...ah technology, won't you leave anyone alone?) So now you all have to suffer while I do the same. I didn't do it through email which is pretty awesome, but you'll get the same effect I s'pose.

- Still off sugar. It's been two full days. We have a package of Oreo's on the counter that I haven't even touched (even though I so want to). I feel great so far. It's too early to tell how things are going, I just know that I want to eat some ice cream really really bad.

- I need new swim goggles. I broke the last pair. They were lame anyway. I swear I didn't break them on purpose so I could get new ones (although I have been known to do that in the past, like my shoes - wait, no, those are genuinely broken too. I'm just really bad with stuff!) These ones are pretty solid, I'm excited to get them. We just can't afford to buy them right now because money's tight. There's a whole list of consumer goods that we would like to purchase right now but we can't afford (although that didn't stop me to buy a cheeseburger cd wallet for $4 today). The problem is not that they are too expensive, they're actually a great price of $5.95. No the problem lies in the shipping and handling which doubles the price of the goggles and then some!
- Tiffany and I might be traveling up to the motherland (Provo) this weekend. Things aren't completely worked out yet, but if we are going - you are all required to spend time with us by either eating at our favorite food places that aren't in LA or by entertaining us with tales of the pomp and regalia of Utah.

- Bon Iver and The Velvet Underground. 'Nuff said.

Bon Iver

The Velvet Underground

- Farkle. I freaking hate/love this game. Why am I obsessed to play this every minute of the day? Really, please tell me because I am baffled. The only thing I can think of is that I am obsessed at being the best and when my friend Collin is at the top of the charts it makes me want, no need to bump him out of first place. I do this with every game, it's kind of sad. When my wife started playing a bubble game on my iPhone and got the top score I just had to beat her! I played it nonstop until I was at the top of the score marker. WHY AM I CRAZY!?! When playing Castle Crashers with my friend (which everyone should play btw, it's so fun) I was annoyed that he was ahead of me that I spent hours beating the game and getting my character leveled up. I also went out and got all of the expansions and found all the animal orbs and weapons so that I would beat him. We played again the other day and as expected - he was ahead of me again. Yeaaaaargh!! Now I have to play it even more and get even more leveled up. I'm such a tool.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are a tool. Why do you always have to beat everyone and be so competitive? You know you're great just the way you are? You don't have to prove it to us by being awesome and better than us at everything.

I love you... anyway!