Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sugar - 3, Scripts - 40

Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to day number three of no sugar intake. Things went fairly smoothly with the exception of a small sip of my wife's Jamba Juice (thanks Emily for the hookup). It was a Strawberry Nirvana blend so it didn't technically have sugar, it had Splenda.
Which makes me want to clarify my act of non-sugar. I don't want to have any of the artificial sweeteners either, especially not aspartame. But this doesn't mean that I am completely banning it like I am the sugar. It is just a preferred no want. Like take for instance this weekend when I am planning to travel from LA to Provo, UT... I usually can do that drive no problem with about 64 oz of Mountain Dew. Since soda is way out, I will have to improvise with peanuts, sunflower seeds and water. BUT if needs be, I will stop and get a Coke Zero (or equivalent) to keep the brain juices flowing.

Tell me if I'm being unreasonable in this. I really am new to this whole thing and I am making a lot of it up as I go along.

Side note: The sip I did take of the Jamba tasted too sweet to me when it didn't taste as sweet to my wife. Hmm... could I be experiencing some effects so soon?

And finally, Daily Pre-Script-tion has turned 40 today. We have written forty scripts in forty days. Woohoo! We did it!

It's been really fun to exercise my brain and my writing abilities. It has also resolved me to write more on my own personal blog.

Another advantage is it's given me a lot of good ideas for other projects/films. There are times when I write a one-pager and think about how I could expand it into much more. Sometimes when I write just one page of a script based on a suggestion I get ideas that I can't contain the idea and it pushes me to write down more. Sometimes I don't know what to write and once I start writing my thoughts and ideas take off and it's amazing how much I can write without knowing where it is going to take me.

I think I can honestly say that I enjoyed every one of the scripts that I have written. Some were better than others, but for the most part I enjoyed every single one for many reasons.

Hooray to doing something!
(Only 325 more to go...)

1 comments:

Shana said...

Agave syrup/nectar is a sweetener from agave plants that is fructose in its natural form. It has a low glycemic index, so there is a smaller rise in blood sugar.

You can ask if foods that you buy are made with agave syrup/nectar, and you can buy it to use as a sugar and honey replacement in recipes you make at home.