Saturday, September 5, 2009

Vacation All I Ever Wanted, Part 3

After we rode the train and had our fill at Jamestown, we drove a few hundred miles to Yosemite National Park.

The road was winding and rigid. On one side of us was a gigantic rock wall, on the other side was a thousand-foot drop. We tread lightly through this part of the road.

At one point, we passed by a very gorgeous river that ran alongside the road. Up ahead we could see a bunch of cars that had slowed, some that had stopped. Soon we found out what everyone was stopping for - a large brown bear was making his way along the riverbank on the opposite side. We decided this was pretty cool so we stopped to take pictures along with dozens of other vacationers.

I was able to climb down on a rock and take some pretty rad pictures of it. I wish I had a better zoom, but alas I could only zoom so far.

The rest of the drive was quite scenic and once we had stopped to eat and to check my in-laws in at the cabin they were staying at (we weren't staying the night, we had to head back to reality), I went out exploring on my own and discovered some really cool rock and tree formations (that I took endless pictures of). Enjoy!



Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

0 comments: