Monday, November 30, 2009

"Are you cussin' at me?"

Fantastic Mr. Fox

Starring: George Clooney, Meryl Streep, Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray
Written by: Wes Anderson, Noah Baumbach
Directed by: Wes Anderson
Produced by: Allison Abbate, Wes Anderson, Jeremy Dawson, Scott Rudin


Synopsis
After returning to his old ways of stealing chickens (and other sundry goods) from three of the meanest farmers ever, Mr. Fox gets his family and all of the woodland creatures into trouble. Only by his cunning and a little help from those who love him is he able to avoid capture and death from the three farmers and make life a little better for those in his community.

Based on the fantastic book by Roald Dahl.


Thoughts
There are very few movies that you can watch more than once and get something new out of it every time. Some of these movies are so good, that it stays with you in your mind for days and weeks on end.

Fantastic Mr. Fox is such a movie.

This has got to be one of the funniest, smartest, most delightful films I have seen all year (and I watch a lot of movies). I highly encourage anyone that has the opportunity (and the funds) to go out and watch this movie as soon as possible.

Wes Anderson is a talented and brilliant filmmaker and I have been avidly a fan of his films since Bottle Rocket and Rushmore (which - by the way - is on my top five films of all time list).

Spencer mentions some fun facts about the film on his blog.

Also check out the trailer provided below.



Summation
Place: Arclight Hollywood
Price: Free (Thanks Tim, again)
Atmosphere: Cool - lots of chill people making it pleasant, almost late though which freaked me out
Verdict: Totally amazingly amazing. Want to see again and again.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I can't believe we saw a real possum last night. So cool! It makes so much more sense out of the character now. Anyway, I totally recommend people seeing it. I like it even more now 2 weeks later than I did when I first saw it. It's a good time.