Monday, November 9, 2009

Max and the Ferrel Kid

Starring: Mel Gibson, Bruce Spence, Michael Preston
Written by: Terry Hayes, George Miller, Brian Hannant
Directed by: George Miller
Produced by: Byron Kennedy
Synopsis
In the post-apocolyptic Australian wasteland, a cynical drifter agrees to help a small, gasoline rich, community escape a band of bandits.

Thoughts
If you were wondering if this is one of the ultimate guy movies ever made, the answer would be a resounding "yes."

I love this movie. I love most post-apocalyptic movies, but this one holds a special place in my heart. This is the type of Sci-fi/Action movie that I cut my teeth on when I was young.

Why is it so good? It has a simple plot, done simply with less than a few words exchanged the entire film.

One of the characters - a wild/feral kid runs rampant through the compound without saying a word. But yet, we know exactly what he's thinking the whole time.

Get on now, boy!


It is simply, a great film.
Summation
Place: Home
Price: Free
Atmosphere: Relaxed/Quiet
Verdict: Awesome


1 comments:

Tiffany said...

I didn't really watch it, but everyone looked so dirty in this movie. Kind of a bland color scheme. I guess I can't expect much from the apocolypse though.