Wednesday, November 18, 2009

THR Writer's Roundtable


Over at The Hollywood Reporter, a group of noteworthy writers were gathered and asked relevant questions about their writing and their experiences in getting their films made.

Read about how this effected me personally and watch the video of the writers -- after the jump!

(Left to Right) Anthony Peckham, Scott Z. Burns, Scott Neustadter,
Mark Boal, Nick Hornby and Geoffrey Fletcher (Photo by Dan Busta)

This was a really great article for me to read at the time that I did. It was just after I learned that the script I had been working on with Spencer was rejected from Script Shadow's logline contest and I wasn't feeling too great about my writing (or this business for that matter).
First off, here's the link to the Article.
Fortunately I was able to read this article and discover that even top-line sought after screenwriters have had their share of trials in this business and at one point, oddly enough, had thought of packing it all in and calling it quits.

This was an inspiring thing for me to read (I've had several moments like this in the year and some-odd months that I have been attempting to become integrated within this business). For some reason, every time I get really bad, like really bad (having thoughts of going home) -- I am able to read or hear or talk to someone with stories like these ones. It not only lifts my spirits but reinvigorates my resolve to continue working at trying to infiltrate this crazy business we call film.

Check out this video, and the ones that follow:


0 comments: