Friday, October 23, 2009

Service Is Down

THE BOOK OF ELI
by Gary Whitta


The Book of Eli was a spec sale in 2008. It has wrapped shooting this last May, and will be out in theaters sometime in January.
Synopsis
In a post-apocalyptic world where most humankind had turned violent and cannibalistic, a lone man journeys to protect a precious book that may holds the future for mankind.
In some sort of post-apocalyptic fever dream, the blogger service was down for most of the time that I could write about this wonderful epic.

Just know that I really liked it (despite what others think of it) and think it will be fun and innovative.

The writing is top-notch and I have found myself turning to the script on several occasions to learn how to be a better action writer. One thing that Whitta does that I like (but won't necessarily use) is to write in block form, never ending a single sentence earlier than the end of the margin.

Title: The Book of Eli
Writer: Gary Whitta
Pages: 98 Pages
Status: Post-Production
Opinion: You'll love it - if you're into post-apocalyptic movies.



2 comments:

Parker said...

This kept me engaged throughout, and I didn't see the twist coming at the end, so that was a nice cherry on top of a pretty delicious script. I don't know if the actual film can match it, though... It looks too dreary... Scripts are always more colorful in my head... We'll see...

Spenturion said...

Can you send me a copy? Interested to see how he does the action you were describing.