Sunday, October 4, 2009

Suger Fast is Over

Today it's official. I have successfully completed my "No Sugar" fast. Not sure exactly how many days it's been, but definitely over a month of absolutely no sugary food stuffs.

No I did not binge and go into sugar shock today, but I certainly did take advantage of my newly found sugar freedom. (Had a delicious root-beer float this afternoon.)

The main thing I learned from this whole experience is that I can control what I eat. I can control what type of food I put into my body and I can be better with my daily diet.

What now? Well the plan is to continue eating appropriately, trying to eat more fruits and vegetables. But now I will not be so hesitant to eat a desert after a meal.

3 comments:

Shana said...

For your next eating goal (if you want one), you should go vegetarian for a month. Some people just go vegetarian for one or two days a week. I've been vegetarian for almost nine months, and I love it.

Unknown said...

That's an awesome idea. Maybe I will work on that for my next eating adventure! Thanks Shana.

Tiffany said...

Like the sugar fast. I will not be participating in a vegetarian period. I like my meat, but I love you too. I'll support whatever you decide!