Thursday, October 29, 2009

Marines Will Eat Anything

SOUPLANTATION
Because of my younger brother Zach's recent deployment to Afghanistan, Tiffany and I drove down to Camp Pendleton to get a good long look at him before he's gone on tour. He leaves Friday morning, so we only had a brief window.

We decided to take him to dinner and ice cream (he's totally an ice cream fiend like me). The place of choice was Souplantation, mostly because none of us had ever been there.

Experience
The place was a lot like a buffet. Chuck A'Rama or Golden Corral type stuff. The difference was they focused on salads and soups.

I had a heaping salad with spinach and red leaf lettuce, lots of veggies, a bit of egg, cheese, and ranch dressing. Also tried the corn chowder soup and the vegetable medley soup. All pretty straightforward and decent.

For dessert I put some of their chocolate lava cake on a plate and then dabbled it with a bit of vanilla ice-cream and caramel topping. It was exactly as delicious as it sounds - amazing.
Breakdown
Time of Day: Evening
Guests: Tiffany, my brother Zach, and I
Type of Food: Salad and Soups
Dish: Salad, Soup, Dessert
Price: $30 for all three of us (thanks to Zach's $1 military discount - I knew there was a reason he joined the Marines!)
Verdict: Okay, especially if you want to eat a lot

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's great if you like Salad. The soups and breads were good too. I enjoyed the place, but it was really expensive for what was offered. It's a healthy option though.