Friday, October 2, 2009

Blog Business

First of all, let me say that I have been enjoying a regular posting schedule immensely.

After my friend Spencer informed me that you can set a date for your post to be posted, my whole world was expanded and/or blown.

There are going to be some major changes. I've already changed the color scheme of the blog (how do you like it?) Now it's time for me to add some weekly features and some set irregular features that will be less scheduled, but still as frequent.

Regular Features

Movie Review Mondays
I will review either a new movie that has just come out or an old film (before 2009) that I hadn't seen before but really enjoyed.

TV Show Tuesdays
This will be a forum for commenting on newly airing TV shows or a show that never made it past the Pilot or a show that aired in the past but never really made it too long.

The Business of Film Wednesdays
This day will be reserved for commenting on aspects of filmmaking or the business of films. I am not a complete expert in this, I am still learning myself, but what I have picked up from my various adventures I will pass along to you free of charge.

Plate is Hot Thursdays
This is a stretch for me because I don't consider myself a "food critic" or a "food aficianado," but I do enjoy trying new things and I have always wanted to discover a fun place to eat that brings joy to my taste buds. This section will most likely be helped by others who know more about food and cooking than I do (ahem...Spencer...ahem).

Script Review Fridays
A script review every week?!? That's insane! Although I think it is necessary. If I want to be a successful writer and producer I need to be current on the projects that are being shopped around and purchased by studios and production companies. I will read TV specs/pilots or features. I will read stuff that has sold, or if you wanted to - I'll read your script and review it on my site.
Irregular Features
Side Note
Quick jabs of info from my life or from my surroundings. Don't be surprised if I don't put too much time and thought into these.

CLOSAT
A writing exersice that I would love to continue doing. You can read the explanation on the right---->

Anecdotes
Stories plucked straight from my crazy life.

Coolness is a Verb
Really cool stuff that I have found or that has been shown me.

Celeb Sightings
Tales (and hopefully pictures) of celebrities that I bump into during my everyday life.

Producing is Hard
Tips and tricks of producing that I have picked up or heard from others.

I Write Good Someday
Tips and tricks of writing that I have picked up. Also maybe, just maybe, some samples of my writing.

Point of Order
Various announcements pertaining to the blog - technological or informational.


I'm not sure how all these changes came about, but I'm sure it was something like this:
[scrippet]
INT. LARGE ROOM - DAY

There are several couches lining every inch of the room.

Besides a seat on the couch and one lone chair at the center, every seat is taken by an ERIC.

There’s a knock at the door, ERIC and ERIC 1 enter.

ERIC
What’s going on?

ERIC 4
Why don’t you sit down Eric?

Eric sits down on the chair slowly and cautiously. Eric 1 sits in the empty seat of the couch.

ERIC 4
Eric, we have been discussing it and we’re concerned.

ERIC
Concerned? Concerned about what?

ERIC 3
We think that you’ve been wasting your time with the blog.

ERIC
What do you mean? I’ve been posting pretty regularly. I have lots of stuff on there.

ERIC 6
But you’re not consistent...

Eric 3 starts to cry.

ERIC 1
You need to have regular features.

ERIC 2
To be honest...you write a bunch of stuff for a while and then give up. That’s why we wanted to talk to you.

ERIC 4
We are here, to get you to commit to at least a post each weekday.

Eric takes this all in, a bit overwhelming.

ERIC
Okay. Okay I'll do it.

Everyone is relieved.

ERIC 4
We know it’s the right decision.
[/scrippet]

1 comments:

Spenturion said...

Love it. So excited. I'm in. We'll talk.

Those were all two word sentences related to your post, all true.